Saturday, October 18, 2008

Biodata ( Blog Post #6)

My name is May. I was born in Myanmar. I am currently a third year undergraduate student at National University of Singapore, majoring in Civil Engineering. I graduated from Ngee Polytechnic (NP) with Diploma in Civil and Environmental Engineering with Silver Medal in 2006.
During my poly years, I involved at many CCA activities such as a student leader for school orientation, the department's Bridge Competition programme and other community clubs. I also joined at NP swimming team etc. I had one year working experience of designing building structures.
During my school vacation, I worked as a temporary fulltime designer under some Civil and Structural design companies. I will be graduating in 2010 and I am willing to work as a Design Engineer at dynamic Civil Engineering firm. My other interests are reading, travelling, photo taking and swimming.

9 comments:

En Lin said...

Hi, maybe you could talked about what you have learned through your experience as a student leader. Also, when you worked as a designer, what are your strengths that helped you overcome any problems you might have faced.

Regina Eei Yin said...

Hi May,

Wow, you really have a lot of experiences in the field of civil engineering! I hope you really had learned a lot during the working period.

And, would you like to add something such as your personal strengths and your communication skills? This can let the readers know more about your personalities and abilities. =)

audrey said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
audrey said...

Hello May. Firstly, I think you should not use short forms in your biodata. Secondly, you could probably have some paragraphing to make the biodata more organised.Lastly, I think we should all try to minimise grammatical errors.

On the whole, I think that your biodata is complete and concise.

제니 said...

I feel that your biodata is a very complete one. It states what you did prior to university education and you have a lot of experience in your ideal job. Hope that you can work in your dream company in future!
However, I have a small suggestion here. Maybe you can try to organize your biodata into small paragraphs so that it is more organized and easier to read.

Kah Chun said...

I would think that it would be better if you can elaborate on what kind of skills that you have gained in these CCA. This can highlight on what capability you have learnt. And you did include your hobbies during your free hours. All in all, it is a good attempt for your biodata.

MJ said...

yups, i totally agree with the rest about the elaboration. You've got a nice post there, but I'll also be interested in what have you learnt along the way, so I can know more about you too!

Joo Soon said...

Hi

I think that you have expressed yourself convincingly through your biodata. However, I feel it would be important to expressed the skills which you have acquired through these experiences and how they have benefited your overall development.

grace kim said...

Your classmates have all given very good and valid suggestions on how to improve your biodata. I agree with them that you could have highlighted some of the skills that you possess for an even more informative biodata.

Anyway, all the best as you journey on your road towards becoming a design engineer!